How come I had never heard about the Georgia Guidestones until today? It’s often referred to as the ‘American Stonehenge’. They’re 6 large granite stones that were erected more than 30 years ago in Georgia by an unknown group:
In June 1979, an unknown person or persons under the pseudonym R. C. Christian hired Elberton Granite Finishing Company to build the structure. One popular hypothesis is that the patron’s pseudonym may be a tribute to the legendary 17th-century founder ofRosicrucianism, Christian Rosenkreuz.
The stones have carved into them 10 principles or guidelines translated into 8 different languages ( English, Spanish, Swahili, Hindi, Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese, and Russian) for any people who survive a future apocalypse informing them how to rebuild society:
- Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
- Guide reproduction wisely — improving fitness and diversity.
- Unite humanity with a living new language.
- Rule passion — faith — tradition — and all things with tempered reason.
- Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
- Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
- Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
- Balance personal rights with social duties.
- Prize truth — beauty — love — seeking harmony with the infinite.
- Be not a cancer on the earth — Leave room for nature — Leave room for nature.